Membership in IACP
The International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP) is a global resource for learning about and promoting Collaborative Practice.
More and more people are choosing Collaborative Practice for divorce, child custody and civil disputes. They realize this model produces fair solutions while minimizing the emotional stress on themselves and their children.
By lessening emotional stress, Collaborative Practice helps affected parties heal faster and embrace their future with dignity and self-assurance. The social benefits of Collaborative Practice are enormous. That's why we invite you to become a part of the global movement fostering Collaborative Practice. As an IACP member, you can:
- Foster social change by leading practice groups around the world
- Increase your clientele by partnering with other Collaborative professionals
- Connect with the community of knowledgeable legal, mental health and financial professionals
- Advance your Collaborative Practice through our tools, seminars, forums, references and other resources
Membership in IACP is open to anyone. While most members are legal or mental health or financial professionals, we also welcome members who are not in these related fields to join IACP as a way of supporting the vision of the Collaborative Practice movement.
GLOBAL IMPACT: A local & global voice for change
The true value of IACP membership is intangible. It lies beyond a bulleted list of benefits, resources and opportunities that simply answer, "What's in it for me"" The value lies ..
- In a divorce that resolves more peacefully; where a family retains a sense of connection, and where children are not casualties of hatred and resentment.
- In how issues resolve with civility; where resources are not drained, jobs are not lost and companies are not ruined.
- In minimizing emotional hardships; preserving people's dignity and helping them look forward to their future.
RESOURCES & BENEFITS: Advancing your practice
By joining IACP, you will have access to a wealth of resources available to members only—resources that help expand your business, increase your knowledge, and educate your clients, such as:
- Sample documents and practice tools in the online Resource Library
- Educational articles written by Collaborative professionals worldwide
- Downloadable videos about Collaborative Practice
- Books, journals and research papers on Collaborative Practice
- Public education material for radio and print
- Case studies using the Collaborative model
The IACP website also contains a searchable Collaborative Professional Locator, widely used by members of the general public looking for a Collaborative professional near them.
IACP membership benefits include:
- Listing in the online Collaborative Professional Locator
- Your professional Profile on the IACP website
- Professional tools that help promote your practice
- The Collaborative Review, IACP's professional journal with in-depth articles relating to Collaborative Practice
- The Collaborative Connection email newsletter covering the latest developments in Collaborative Practice
- Continuing education through online programs and live seminars
- Access to a peer mentoring program
- Online store of promotional items to expand your practice
- Secure member-only online forum for exchanging ideas and solutions with colleagues from around the world
PUBLIC AWARENESS: Educating current & future clients
To help you in your efforts to raise awareness of the Collaborative Practice option, IACP supplies members with a comprehensive array of professional public education materials, making it easier for you to promote your practice through speaking engagements, media interviews, informational handouts and advertising. Most materials are conveniently downloadable from your members-only IACP site:
- Complete press kit including a special guide on how to work with the media
- Professionally produced radio ads and public service announcements
- Market-specific brochures covering family and civil law
- Talking points, facts and figures to maximize your impact during media interviews
- Print-ready images such as the Collaborative "C" mark and billboard graphics
- PowerPoint presentations designed to educate the public
- Collaborative Practice case studies
- Public education materials for specific groups such as religious organizations, family law professionals, conference attendees
COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH: Creating change through knowledge
The IACP conducts the most comprehensive Collaborative research program in existence. As a member, you can download surveys, reports and PowerPoint presentations summarizing our latest research data. We encourage using this data to help further your practice and educate others about Collaborative Practice. Research data includes:
- Demographics of clients who elect Collaborative Practice
- A range of Collaborative Practice models used by IACP members
- Frequency and type of Collaborative professionals engaged by clients
- The average cost and time spent in a Collaborative case
- Client experience feedback of the Collaborative Practice model
ONLINE STORE: Supporting your practice
Choose from direct mail pieces that educate your prospects, brochures targeted to family and civil issues, inserts that explain team professional roles, and presentation folders to use to hold materials provided to clients or seminar attendees. Using these promotional pieces allows you to take advantage of the recognized IACP brand to..
- Create awareness of Collaborative Practice
- Educate clients and prospects
- Position yourself as a local Collaborative Practice resource
- Promote your practice through direct mail
The IACP store also includes a variety of promotional and advertising specialty items that can used as memorable gifts to prospective clients or peers, as giveaways at an event or trade booth, or for your own personal enjoyment.
IACP Membership Application >
Membership FAQs >
Gift Membership Form >
Automatic Membership Renewal Authorization Form >